As soon as I turned on the switch, it appeared to overload my battery (the battery was buzzing, and made a sound as if a fuse or breaker tripped). The battery was drained of some voltage pretty quickly. I was able to charge the battery back up.
These switches seem super simple to wire! What could I be missing???
1. I connected the switches middle pole directly to the positive terminal of the battery
2. I connected the switches accessory pole to the positive lead of my fish finder (through an in-line fuse)
3. I connected the switches ground pole to the negative terminal of the battery
4. I connected the negative lead of my fish finder to the negative terminal of the battery
Most of the videos I watched did exactly as I described above. Could I have a bad battery? I am able to wire the fish finder directly to the battery without any issues. Introducing the switch causes the overloading symptoms.